Todays editors suck memory. The character output is very slow.
I hate them.
Many people use their computers as better type-writers. I wanted to do so, too.
For years I dreamt of Word Star for PC. And as I got it, it didn't work with files >64K. Bingo.
Other editors didn't support simple word-wrap. Or they were overkilled by wysiwyg and senseless slowdown and memory-sucking stuff.
I never accepted them, waited for something called comfortable type-writer.
Finally I wrote XED.
* Standard Word Star- and Norton-key combinations.
* Text only, very fast video output, designed for XT-and-above machines.
* Comfortable word-wrap function in editor-mode.
* Maxprint feature: fits up to 8 standard pages on 1 piece of paper.
* Online Help/Menu-Function
Language: Turbo Pascal, 5% Assembler. Category: Perfect Typewriter. Year: 93,95-96,98.
DOWNLOAD // BACK TO NOCA$H UTILITIES OVERVIEW